Education: The World of Pearls Made Simple
Generally, there are four different kinds of pearls.
1. AKOYA A term used to describe the Japanese cultured pearls usually measuring 3 10 millimeters and are produced mainly in the salt waters of Japan.
2. SOUTH SEA PEARLS This refers to larger pearls grown in the South Pacific such as Australia, the Philippines, Indonesia, etc. They run usually between 10 16 millimeters and their colors are primarily white, rosι, or golden.
3. TAHITIAN PEARLS These pearls are produced in the Polynesian Islands and their natural colors can be from silver grey to dark green black and range in size from 8 16 millimeters.
4. FRESH WATER PEARLS These are pearls that are grown in rivers and lakes chiefly in China. Up until two years ago, they were off-shaped. Recently, China improved the quality and variety of pearls to make them extremely desirable. Now, we can supply round and unique shapes in a variety of colors to give designers a myriad of choices.
Lengths of necklaces have names. They are:
1. CHOKER 17 long, the most popular
2. MATINEE 24 long
3. OPERA 32 34 long, currently the most trendy
A note about our pearls:
All our pearls are cultured of natural color and carefully selected to meet the highest quality and value to the customer.
[Home] [About Us] [Contact] [Gallery] [Facts & Uses]